Lets explore new Windows 7 Aero Shake feature using which you can quickly minimize all open Window except the one you’re shaking.
To minimize all Windows except the one you are shaking follow the steps:
Click and hold on the Window Title Bar and shake the Window, that’s it you will see all the opened Windows will get minimized.
To restore back all of those windows you can again click and hold on the Windows title bar and shake the Window.
Windows 7 Aero Shake feature can save your time if you want to focus on a single window without minimizing all your other open windows one by one.
Download and learn Windows 7 shortcut keys, tips and tricks and increase your productivity. Each pdf document covers seven Windows 7 shortcut keys, tips and tricks and are listed here:
Tips and tricks in Windows7_Tips_1stEd.pdf include:
- Shuffling Through Program Windows
- Managing Your Windows.
- Project Your Display With Ease
- Multi-Monitor Window Management
- Aero Peek Your Desktop
- Live Clutter-Free
- Help the Help Desk Help You
Tips and tricks in Windows7_Tips_2ndEd.pdf include:
- Put a “Pin Up” of the Folders You Use Most
- Double-Up Your Windows
- Clear, Crisp Display—It’s In Your Control
- Order and Reason for Your Taskbar
- Taskbar Traversing
- BitLocker To Go Protection
- Your Own Personal Help Desk: Windows Troubleshooting Platform
Tips and tricks in Windows7-Tips-3rdEd.pdf include:
- Change the Scenery
- Crunch The Numbers
- Smart Printing
- Shake It Up.
- Clean your Desktop! And Order It Too
- Right-Click Mania
- Unveil Your Hidden Drives
Tips and tricks in Windows7_Tips_Tricks_4thEdit.pdf include:
- Help the Help Desk Help You
- Sticky Notes Avoid Sticky Situations
- Adaptive Display Brightness
- Notify Me, My Way.
- Authority over the Power Switch
- .ISO Files (Burning iso image files into CD / DVD)
- Locale Specific
Watch TV using Window Media Center
To configure Windows Media Center, all you need to do is select the region, enter zip code and agree the terms. This will download the latest TV Setup data according to the region selected.
Select the TV signal you have like Cable, Satellite or Antenna and click on “Next” and follow the onscreen instructions.
Remember, you need to have IR Receiver, else this software will not allow setup if you have selected signal as “Satellite”.
Get free online entertainment such as TV Shows, news, sports music concerts and many more with Windows Media Center – Internet TV which comes with your Windows 7 installation.
To watch Internet TV, all you need is Broadband connection. Choose from the categories “TV Shows”, “News”, “Sports”, “Music Concerts”, “Movies” etc.
Hey, today I am bit excited with my new computer, here is what the configuration are:
- Intel Dual Core 2.5GHz
- XFX Motherboard 610i
- 4GB RAM
- 320GB Hard Drive
- Sony DVD writer
Nothing new right? Yes, I know this is not the latest configuration to be very excited for or to mention it here but still…
With this configuration I desperately wanted to install Windows 7 Release Candidate.
Downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate RC Build 7100 32bit ISO file using previous post link and burned the ISO file on to a DVD.
To be safer I first took the backup of my whole hard drive data and then proceeded with Windows 7 installation.
Initially I thought it to be very complicated to install Windows 7, but to my surprise it is very easy, quick and user friendly; it took me less than half an hour to install Windows 7 Ultimate RC Build 7100.
Let me share this step by step Windows 7 installation guide which I followed:
- Boot the computer using Windows 7 DVD
- The very first screen asks you about the “Select Language”, “Time and Currency Format” and “Keyboard or Input method”. Choose appropriate and click on “Next” to go to next screen. (Windows calls this part as Information Gathering)
- In this screen click on “Install Now”
- Check the “Accept the License term” and click on “Next”
- Here you need to choose the option whether to “Upgrade” or “Custom Install”. Select “Upgrade if you want to Upgrade Windows else choose “Custom Install”. I have selected “Custom Install” for a clean installation.
- Screen prompts for selecting partition to which Windows to be installed, select the partition from the list of partition available and click on “Next” (If you want to format or create the partition/s then click on “Advance Drive Options” this will list you all the drive options.)
- Now “Installing Windows” screen appears, starts with expanding files, copies files, configures and installs hardware devices. In progress computer will restart couple of times.
- That’s it your Windows 7 installation is done.
Windows 7 installation process is very much user friendlier than ever. I would recommend you install and try Windows 7 as this will be the next widely used operating system.
Microsoft releases Windows 7 Release Candidate and is available for free download till end of July 2009. This free to use Windows 7 RC license is valid till June 1st 2010 and prior to 2 months before its expiry the PC keeps on shutting down every 2 hours i.e. from March 1st 2010. Windows 7 RC is pre-release software.
- 1 GHz or later
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit processor / 2 GB RAM 64-bit Processor
- 16 GB free disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB free disk space (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Download Windows 7 RC here. Once you start downloading you will be asked for Windows Live ID and some registration information, once you fill the registration details you will see Product key to activate Windows 7 RC.
Alternatively you can download Windows 7 RC through torrents.
It is recommended that you do clean install of Windows 7 RC on your machine. Before you start with the clean installation make sure you backup your important data (if any).